Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cutting the mustard.

Today has been a little slow on the uptake NZFW wise.... the best show was by far MisteR and I am gathering my resources to hit you all with a big one on that... but the gusto has definitely slowed down.

Which is good for those of us who need to re-group and sift through the hundreds of images and opinions to make some sort of sense out of it all and post a rad and sensible post (aka me).

But one thing I do want to point out is a trend that I am rather loving. Mustard. It featured prominently in bunch of shows this year, my favourite is the use of it in Juliette Hogan, Ruby and Ingrid Starnes. It is a really beautiful colour that seems to be subtle and shout at the same time - a real trick.

Here are a couple of the things I have already added to my mustard love list (yes I have one of those).

Photobucket
Juliette Hogan - photo by Brigette Baker of RagPony

Photobucket
Ingrid Starnes - photo by Katherine Lowe of katherineisawesome.com

Photobucket
Ruby - photo by Katherine Lowe of katherineisawesome.com

Another thing to note, if you are quick enough, there is a gorgeous mustard jumper (not unlike the Ruby pic above) in Dotti at the moment. Its a great great great way to get a trend and rock it without splashing huge amounts of cash. I wish I even had the wee-est amount to grab it myself!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love it!
    Especially the jumpers!
    Thank you so much for your comment!
    xxxx

    fashionmousse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVEEEE this color! Looking to add more of this to my fall wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hun, loving the mustard, I am now on the hunt for a fab mustard jumper.

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment .

    Have a great weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete