Monday, November 14, 2011

Stop, collaborate and listen.

Versace is not one of my favourite designers. I have a lot of respect for the designs and enjoy seeing them. They are extreme and shinny and they have your eyes locked on them as they strut down numerous runways. But I would be hard pressed to find something I would actually wear.
   
H&M on the other hand, is potentially the most wearable stuff created. Its usually fun and fancy free with a nod to seasons trends and an incredible reasonable price tag.
   
Its a very unusual combo - but one I like.
   


Last week the look books for the new Versace for H&M hit the internet and I am happily surprised to say I would be happy to wear most of it - overjoyed even. The men seem to get a raw deal (apart from that incredible magenta suit) - its all a bit too outlandish to actually sit in anyones wardrobe. But for the ladies, I love all the gorgeous dresses and the cute stud detailing. I would probably look past the  tropical scene/leopard print slip dress and perhaps some of the more outlandish patterned trousers though.
   
I think this is an incredible collaboration and it is yet another reason to add to the long list of "depressing reasons why H&M is not in New Zealand".
  


9 comments:

  1. I love that dress and those boots too, very excited for this to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same feeling about this collaboration, I respect that everybody is going nuts about it and is going to be sold out, but I would not spend as much money on it nor there's nothing I would actually wear..

    ReplyDelete
  3. this collection has the perfect mix of rock and glamour- very Versace :D
    Love all the colours and graphic print!!
    Come follow my blog darling! xx
    http://cecylia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! looking forward to seeing this collection in stores in finland! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, I'm slightly obsessed with the dresses from the collection. I too have never been a huge fan of Versace, but their collaboration is so amazing!

    Loving your blog doll, I'm following. Hope to hear from you soon!

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first two dresses are soooooo good!

    Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dresses from this collection. But it
    would be so impractical to own anything from Versace. I typically avoid lots of prints and bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I have seen your work in New Idea and I love your blog!

    I went crazy for H&M when I was travelling last year and I think we NEED it in New Zealand! It's such a shame we don't have it here. Absolutely love that black dress! I have a wee blog too, http://fashion-burger.blogspot.com if you're interested! :-)

    ReplyDelete