Thursday, October 13, 2011

An open letter to the midriff.

 


I see you there, sneaking into catwalks, Vogue and hell even celebrity red carpet events. And really I don't think its appropriate, necessary or fair.
  
While you swan in there, carb-free diets, pilate-d up with the tan you picked up from your latest sojourn in the Caribbean, you get all us normal midriffs excited. We think its time to play, time to bare all and be free. But the truth is that our snowy white (positively reflective) slightly rounded and most certainly not toned midriffs have no place out of our shirts, dresses or rad high-wasted pants.
  
Stop taunting us, because as gorgeous and casually cool as you look, you are in the minority, and an army of pasty potbellies will come out. And you don't want that. Nobody wants that.
  
So, slowly button up, pull down those tee shirts (or buy a bigger size) and remain only out on the beaches - and only if you must.
  
That is all.


7 comments:

  1. haha this made me crack up! i seriously agree with everything you said!!
    I do NOT want that to become a trend.... cos girlfriend I can not pull that off!
    I love this post!!

    kaithuber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! thanks bel for your comments! you blog is really nice and this post made me laugh ~ good one!!
    xoxo ~ kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like midriff tops; though I always pair them with high waist shorts - so no tummy on display! <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it's so weird how the midriff is making a come back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahah such a funny post, I like it!
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha so funny. I agree, it's a trend so difficult to wear.

    ReplyDelete