Friday, October 8, 2010

Addicted.

There are few downsides to working in a magazine. I don’t mean to gloat, but usually I adore my job. I work with very talented people; I’m a hop skip and a jump from some truly amazing food/shopping. And (most importantly) I get to do what I love everyday and get paid for it. Lucky me. But, there is a down side.


Addiction.


Now put your dirty minds to rest, not drugs, sex or rock and roll. But… STUFF.


Daily we get things delivered. Anything and everything from the incredibly yummy box from Griffins yesterday - to the unusual single grapefruit today. And sometimes, I am lucky enough to poach me a goodie.


Recently I felt very special when an amazing M.A.C blush landed in my hands. Now I am not a complete idiot when it comes to make up. I know you take anything that comes from a M.A.C store, because chances are it will be freaking great. But, alas, I (at the grand old age of 22) have never worn blush. In fact, I didn’t really know where to start. Luckily having a rad beauty editor to guide me, it wasn't hard to apply (especially when using the beauty eds insider tip: thin Lizzie brush)... And now, I am addicted. I can add it to my ever-growing list of make-up must haves. Even this morning, after dragging myself out of bed following a full on night at the Vodafone music awards, I made time to apply.


Also recently added was an eyelash curler – introduced to me (again) by our fab beauty and fashion editor, “It will change your life” she says. Boy she was right.


I can sense primer adding to that list shortly. And a magnitude of other things I am sure.


So, it seems, because of the place that pays me my salary, I am going to be poor for the rest of my life. Poor, but with delicately rosy cheeks- I think I can live with that.



No comments:

Post a Comment